SPENCER'S PRETEND DAY OF SCHOOL
Before the kindergartners had their official first day of school, they had a "dry run". The kids brought their school supplies, lined up in their groups, found their coat hangers and desks, and took a tour of the school. I had my three boys and my round belly. I am sure all of the adults there labeled me "the lady who has too many kids."
Look how cute Spencer looks though, very GQ if you ask me.

While Spencer waited in his appropriate line, Luke ran around in circles like a hamster on speed. He, of course, went down with a crash, giving him a new scrape on his elbow. It took him a while to calm down, adding credence to my title, "the lady with too many kids."

Benny and Luke were not wanting to sit still during this kindergarten pow wow. I used our camera to entertain Benjamin. This is a nice self shot wouldn't you say. Very flattering.

SEATTLE
Spencer took the two older boys up to Seattle for a BYU football game this weekend. Along I-5, lives our nephew, Elder Richard Higginson serving in the Washington, Kenewick mission. They received permission to stop and say hello.

Cute Richard

Elder Higginson with his companion and the people the missionaries rent from.

I was not present to actually know what was happening in the pictures, but these ones cracked me up for some reason. Oh, the third little boy is Isaac Stebbins. He and his dad rode along with Spencer up to Seattle. He and Luke are spastic friends. I am sure they had a blast together this weekend.


Look at Luke's praying mantis form.



Saturday morning Spencer, the boys, Robert Stebbins, and Isaac went to the pier and then fished. Afterward they went to Pike's Market (that's what it is called right?)
There were quite a few guys with kids from our stake who made the commute to the game. Left is Tate Broesder, Spencer and Luke.

Spencer and Luke with one of the fish-throwing men.

Luke, Spencer, and Josh Idiart

Say cheese! Spencer and Luke look on as cheese is being made. For some reason cheese making fascinates me. Spencer said he took these pictures for me. What a sweet heart.

Look how neat - blocks of cheese.

"Fancies" have reached legendary status among the Higginson family. I have yet to taste one but look forward to that day. So here they all are, eating "fancies."


I am sure waking up at 6:00 am for some early morning fun wiped them right out. Each of the boys got balloon swords from a street weirdo.

I am sure I am not giving the game the attention it deserves. Perhaps Spencer should blog all of these pictures. The descriptions are just second hand coming from me.

Oh, BYU won, but I hear that it was a controversial victory in the eyes of some.
While Spencer, Spencer, and Luke were away at the game, Benjamin and I stayed closer to home. We went on our ward camp out to Ester Applegate at Lake of the Woods. It was a lot of fun. I wish all of us could have been there. I know the other boys would have loved it. We stayed in fun little cabins. We had a wonderful spaghetti dinner then a program with stories and songs. We then roasted marshmallows, put kids to bed, and then the adults gathered to play games. In the morning we had a pancake, eggs, and bacon breakfast, and the kids made a craft. There was also canoeing and boating for those that stayed long enough. Benny and I left after breakfast, but next year we will take advantage of all that fun.
So there's our weekend. Although it was fun, I prefer for us to stick together.
9 comments:
Blogger Lorianne said...
Your blog tugs at my heartstrings.....Spencer starting Kindergarten, just like Sophie. How precious and sad and fun and exciting. How cute he looked standing there. How cute all the boys are. I am impressed that you and Ben went on the campout all by yourselves. You are a super woman.
On to Seattle, looks like a really fun trip for those guys. That was so nice they could bop in and see Elder Higginson. I am sure that made his day, week, month! What a neat thing for Spencer and Luke to get to do. I am jealous of the visit they had to the market and the chance to have some "Fancies". Thanks for posting these fun events. We sure miss you all. Hope Spencer LOVES school. Love to you all! Lori
i guess lori has dubbed herself 'blogger lorianne' now. maybe she should post once. i couldn't believe it when i saw this post. lil spence standing there at his kindergarten practice day. wow. i can imagine how you felt. besides the little rascals running around it was probably quite the surreal (hate that word) moment. i am so proud of you that you ended up going to the campout. it is something i would have never done, which is terrible of me. seattle looked like fun. elder higginson looked fantastic & happy. it was adorable to see luke running around being crazy with his little friend. the market brought back dozens & dozens of memories. love you tons.
What are 'fancies'? I'm pretty sure I want one.
i loved this post.
so many memories of going to the market and watching them make the mini donuts and then buy a bakers dozen of them. 'fancies' are mini donuts with chocolate frosting and sprinkles. i have always preferred the powdered ones, but i 'fancy' them all. :)
i am jealous though. i would love to have gone to the market. too bad we didn't plan it in time, it would have been fun to go on the campout with you since the guys were going to be gone.
we need to figure out a time to use mark's wierd buddy passes.
by the way... you don't have too many kids, but i have to say, i laughed out loud when you were describing your day at 'pretend kindergarten'. :)
love you guys.
How fun for the boys and to see Richard. He looks like Richard!! Cute that you went to the campout yourself. I'm glad you guys have good friends. Are you thinking of buying a home before the market goes back up? Love you!!!
How cute are your boys (including your husband) and the lady with too many kids and a round belly. I love seeing pictures of your life.
Love
mom
i have pics of the campout i need to send you...and i love seeing the byu ones...especially the ones with the wierd balloon thigns...jared didn't take the camera...now what! I can't even blog about it! Oh well...i wish i could have tried the fancies too...didn't spence bring one back to you?
OK, you crack me up. . . Luke compared to a Hamster on Speed?? And all your witty jibs. . .you are really funny. And your hubby is a saint to take the camera and take photos. . .Dame refuses to do that for me. Boo Hoo, less to blog about, I guess. . .I might steal the photo Spencer took with Josh and post about it.
Post a Comment