Thursday, October 2, 2008

For Laughs and Vanity

This first picture is one of my favorites of all time. I had been looking for it for weeks and finally found it. I think I mentioned it in a previous blog. Here's the story behind this picture if you have not ever seen it. We were eating German Pancakes with maple syrup. Spencer and I were in the living room and heard Luke calling for Daddy. When we looked he said, "Daddy, fork." He had stuck his fork to his face using the stickiness from the maple syrup. He was very proud of himself. We died laughing.

Now for the vanity. This picture was taken by my friend Sarah at the train party, previously blogged. As my blogging mentor, she taught me how to steal pictures, so of course I am going to steal the most flattering picture that has ever been taken of me from her blog and flaunt it on my own.
Please use this picture in my obituary when I die, even if it is in 100 years. It looks like the kids genuinely love me too. Thanks Sarah, you have a skill. Sarah is such a hoot. For a daily dose of laughs, visit her blog.

8 comments:

Brandan and Becky said...

I found your blog on Sarah's blog- I love it! Hope you don't mind if I stop by for your great stories and photos.
Becky

Mindy said...

Cute picture of you! I totally understand... whenever I find a decent picture of me, I'm holding on to it forever! ;)

Anonymous said...

I remember that picture of Luke. I still laugh when I think about it. Thanks for posting it again.
And you look beautiful!!!! I love your hair!
How is Luke's speech?

. said...

That is a nice picture of you and your cute boys but, I think I like the one you tried to take of yourself better. :)

Lisa said...

beautiful picture. but i already visit your blog for my daily dose of laughs!

Leslie said...

that IS a great photo. i can't think right now, but i think i might have a good photo of me that i am vain about. hmmm... i will have to think of one.
it is so pretty. but i have to say... i have thought you look pretty in SO many more photos than just this one.

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

That really is a great pic, if I do say so myself. . .but then, the genius photographer had some HOT MAMMA subject material to work with. I'm going to play with it in photoship and send you some alternate versions, for future vanity posts. Maybe while eating gelato at the treve fountain.

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

Oops, I meant photoshop, not photoship . . .