Friday, February 26, 2010

February Catch up

Since Luke got his Legos for his birthday, he has made a new Lego creation almost everyday. One day he anxiously wanted to show me this. He was so excited that his "jeep" was climbing out of a rut. To be honest though, I don't think any jeep would have the power to pull out of that ditch.
Lila has become a bathroom adventurer this month. We have found Spencer's basketball clothes, Legos, and Benny's shoes in the toilet - all Lila. We now try to keep the bathroom doors closed, but she still manages sometimes to find a way in. This time she climbed up to the counter, got her toothbrush out of the drawer and put soap, "tooth paste," on the tooth brush. She didn't seem to mind the taste of the soap.
Spencer addresses his valentines for school.
Mid-February we went out to the annual Jacksonville Chinese New Year parade. The following pictures are from that outing.
Lila sits atop her Daddy's shoulders.
This proves that it was a bona fide parade, flags and all.
This dog was just so huge. I had to take a picture.
These cute kids "tamed" the dragons with their sticks, running up and down the street.

Adorable
Spencer took this picture of all of us on the curb watching the parade. I thought it was a picture of just the kids. I didn't know I was in the picture. Does that explains my crusty expression?
It was fun to watch Lila watch the parade.
After the kids were given fortune cookies, Luke acted as if his cookie was defective.
"Look, my cookie had a paper in it."
On the weekends Spencer has been tackling this huge project. We have some big trees on our property, two of which have large amounts of mistletoe. "ah cute." No, mistletoe is a parasite and if not removed, it can actually kill the tree. So using a ladder, harness, ropes, and a saw on a pole, Spencer has cut down probably a third of all the mistletoe on one tree. It is scary to see him up so high the tree. Little Spencer came in and reported, "Mom, did you know Dad is going to die?" We all get nervous when he has to go up.
Lila had to show me her injured finger.
After a rainy day Spencer discovered this beautiful rainbow.

7 comments:

Brandan and Becky said...

Your trees are beautiful. I've always admired them, even before you lived there, but I never considered the upkeep they require.

We're crazy about legos, here, too. My dentist passed along a website that has super cool "educational" legos (google lego education.) Stuff like pulleys, gears, motors, remote control stuff-- not the all movie themed, practically put together stuff most often found at toy stores.

Anonymous said...

Wish we had a Chinese NEw Year Celebration. How fun!!! We like to celebrate for obvious reasons but sometimes I forget. It would be nice to have it taken care of. Cute family. Cute pics. What are the white and red balls on your porch? Or whatever they are.

Lisa said...

hilarious. i always laugh at least a couple of times during your postings cause they are so funny. cute pics. love to see the everyday goings on...cause then in a small way we can feel like we're a part of it. miss you and love you!

Leslie said...

wow... your trees are SO tall... i can't imagine spencer being up that high in them... SO scary.

looks like you had a really fun month without us. how is that possible? :)

we miss and love you guys.

p.s. you don't look crusty... you look 'fierce'. next time you just need to remember to 'smise'. i'm just sayin'. :)

allison nadauld said...

I love all those Lila pictures. She is such a darling little girl. I can't wait to see your house. It is so charming from the front.

Steve Barton said...

Gotta love Luke's engineering mind! Lila looks so cute standing at the sink...on that darling step stool. Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks.
Love
Mom
litiven

Kim Silver said...

Lots of fun things going on in the little month of february.
I like reading the day to day stuff.
kermas (sounds spanish)