
These first two pictures are from Mother's Day. Spencer grilled up a sumptuous pineapple treat for our Mother's Day meal. He coated it in a brown sugar, cinnamon, cream glaze as it roasted, making the, already sweet fruit, into something worthy of being called dessert.

I didn't take this picture. I can only assume this is how Spencer found Benny one day in our laundry room. He and Luke like to put underwear on their heads and call themselves something along the lines of captain underwear, or the underwear bandits. They get a real kick out of themselves. I must admit, Spencer and I get a kick out of them too.

This is Benny. He has been testing me. He says the cutest, sweetest things, and it is hard to not melt when he looks at me with those blue eyes of his, but he is definitely testing me.

We have this gigantic box of Thomas the Train stuff that we got from my parents when they moved. This weekend we set it up in our front room for the first time. The kids have been in heaven. Sure we have to repair damages that our overly-anxious kids have made, every hour on the hour, but it is so fun seeing them try to work the track, pushing the right buttons, and switching the right switches.

Here's the whole set up.

Spencer is so good to get into this stuff with the kids. He really gets involved and is a great hands-on dad.

Spencer took over the house while I took a much needed nap. When I woke up, Lila was Spencer's little shadow. She followed him everywhere, wanting Daddy. In this picture she joined him outside while he grilled up some burgers for us.

This weekend we planted our garden. Luke was our hands-on helper while most of the other kids played in the yard. So the mustache is for all of your sake. Luke had a gross, runny nose in the picture and yet I wanted to include it in this posting. I actually have a series of these pictures because he was trying to show me how big he could make his smile. It took many shots to get his smile large enough to contort the rest of his face like this. This kid is a goof and we love him.

Spencer was anxious to help too, but he and Benny had to spend some time out time inside for a while and missed out on most of the planting. He did help with a few rows and is proving himself to be a good, distract-Lila babysitter.

This same day we spent the morning out garage sale-ing. Once a year our city has a city-wide garage sale. With so many garage sales going on, you can usually get some good finds at a great price. One of our last purchases was this pedal John Deer tractor for the kids. They love it.

Lila wanted to help with the garden too. There were times when she was too involved, but it was great having her around as company.





THE END
6 comments:
wow. you have all been so busy!! awesome that you got a garden in and i am so jealous that you have that city-wide garage sale....that is something i would DIE to go to. cute kids. cute family. love you.
great pictures. The tractor is awesome. The pineapple looks so yummy. The train looks fun. We love you guys!
HILARIOUS mustache on luke. hahaha. i will have to teach you how to photoshop snot out of a photo. i have done it many times. :) hahaha.
that was so funny. love that luke.
lila's hair is getting long. she is so beautiful.
benny's eyes... wow, are you kidding?
lil spencer wasn't in many photos, but we sure can't wait to see him next week.
we love all of you guys. see you soon! woo hoo!
What great pictures. The kids are all getting so big! I loved seeing the old train set up. Glad you have put it to good use. The peddle tractor is awesome!
I hope you are feeling well.
I miss you.
I love you.
mom
lingsil
Happy Mothers Day! That pineapple looks simply amazing. I hope it was as good as it looks. That sure is one cute family you have there.....and a new garden too? That picture of Luke with the mustache is making me laugh. That expression is too much. Love you!
What fun posts! I am sorry I don't keep up with your blog better. For some reason it takes a really long time to load on my computer.
I love the Thomas the Train pictures, and hearing about your garden. Your house looks so beautiful and I am so happy for you guys. And I hear that you are expecting again? Congrats! I don't know how you do it. :)
Post a Comment