
A few weekends ago we went up to Bend, OR for a weekend getaway with the whole family. Spencer had won a two-nights stay at Sun River Resort from a work trip he went on last year. The certificate expired at the end of August, so of course we redeemed the prize at almost the last possible time. We went to the High Desert Museum which was neat and fun for the whole family. We swam and had a leisurely weekend, although we remembered why kids in hotels actually cause stress, but we tried to have fun in spite of that.
Oh, one more thing, we forgot our camera on that trip. That doesn't make for a fun blog posting so I am throwing this piece of journaling in with pictures from around the house back at home.
Above, the boys look on as Luke looks at a Spider Man comic book. We have enjoyed making our regular visits to the library this month. Luke got his own library card and has learned the thrill of checking out books that pique his interests.
I don't know if I mentioned this previously, but Spencer rolled his ankle at the beginning of the month. He has been using ace bandages to ice his ankle to move the healing along. The kids have loved having these around to play with when they are not in use.
Below, Lila was turned into a mummy by her father.

It seems that all the pregnant people I know are actually no longer pregnant because they are HAVING their babies. I have been whipping up a few hats for some of these babies. Below Lila helps me get an idea of how and when this one will fit little baby Gretta Suzanne Higginson, daughter of Mark and Suzanne.

Here, Spencer pins down the boys (Lila layed down to be a part of the fun). They had to give us ideas on what to make for dinner the following week so I could make my shopping list.

This is Lila's mangy hair, pre hair cut.

And another pre-haircut shot with cute Luke next to her. Oh, Lila fell and scraped under her nose. I thought I would explain that as to not gross everyone out with the thought of what it looks like.

Lila was the first to sit down on the couch. She invited Spencer and Luke to sit by her by patting the seats next to her. After they had sat down she spread her blanket out over their laps.

Luke sat this little monkey of Joe's by him on the couch and wanted me to take a picture of him with the monkey.

Whoops, so here is the post-hair cut picture. I did some light stacking in the back. Hopefully this will be a more flattering look as it grows out. You know; opposed to the mullet look she has been sporting for months.

Here it is from the front. It sort of looks the same as before, but a little more groomed.

Today the boys dressed up and played cowboys outside. Lila of course wanted to play too. She brought me this shirt of Spencers. I assume one of the boys helped her with the cowboy boots and "cowboy" hat. I'm pretty sure they skipped out on the pants, but if the shirt is long enough it makes for a great cowgirl dress, right?

Here is our pack of cowboys and our cowgirl. She is like Smurfette, the lone female smurf. You really only need one girl amongst many boys.
8 comments:
Lila's hair is super cute. We're been eating the same things all summer long-- I had the kids each pick one thing and every Sunday we have Sophie's dinner, Monday is Abe's and so on. Sometimes deciding what to eat is the hardest part.
Adorable!!!
The kids and Lila's hair and your whole cute family.
You are a good mom!!!
did YOU cut her hair? how did you know how? i love your kids and their antics. i'm bummed there aren't pics at sun river. was it pretty? barren? i wanted more details. love you guys.
good job on the haircut! looks SO good.
and i have to mention that photo of lila modeling the hat for greta... the colors in that photo are ridiculously amazing. i need to look again because i love it so much.
the cowboy photos of the kids... so great. so typical and SO cute. love those kids.
every time you do a posting about every happenings at your house, it makes me miss being there. we need to come for a visit.
hmmm... calendar please? :)
love you guys.
Fun times around the house. The kids are so cute. Just so you know, I don't expect you to ship anything we forgot and Savannah left the monkey there on purpose for your kids. We love you guys and can't wait for your baby to come.
you should work in a salon, how fun to have a girl you do hair things with. Just don't do billy jean LOL.
Looks like you guys are having fun. I am with leslie on the visiting thing.
I love your blog. The kids are so cute. I am really looking forward to our October visit.
I hope you are feeling well and will soon have a safe and speedy delivery.
Love
Mom
Can't wait for your new addition.....look at those cute, cute kids. I love how Lila just snuggles in with the boys and how she loves to be part of their playing too. We miss you and those pictures made us miss you more. Are you sure you don't want to head down here to have your baby? Love you all!
Post a Comment