Sunday, September 12, 2010

Life with the newbie

Here are a bunch of pictures since Andrew was born, some at the hospital, some at home, some of the kids holding the baby, and some of just the kids being cute. I will keep the captions to a minimum.
Lila thinks Andrew is hers. She gets offended when the other kids hold him and even if I try to keep him to myself while I am feeding him.

Here's a random one. We have decided to make grilled pizzas a new Sunday meal tradition. This one is mine with tomatoes, feta, onion, salami, and cheese with a pesto/tomato sauce underneath. Spectacular flavor.
I went to Michael's to get a few things. At the counter they were handing out grab bags of all of the clearance stuff they just wanted to get rid of. In my grab bag were this tool apron and construction worker vest. Luke topped off the outfit with his sunglasses and hard hat. He's ready for a hard days' work.
All of the kids got tee shirts from a cute lady in our ward saying, "I'm the big brother" for Benny, "I'm the bigger brother" for Luke, and "I'm the biggest brother" for Spencer. Lila's reads as follows....

Benny is giving me an "anaconda squeeze." It's from Nacho Libre.
First day of school for Spencer.

Little Andrew, minutes old.










We have been employing the boys to pick up acorns and "pokey balls" from our yard. They get 2 cents per each. It has been interesting to see what each kid has done with his earnings.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

hooray! more pics. it most certainly looks like little andrew has been welcomed into your home. can you believe the joy that those little ones bring into a home? it is unlike anything else. we love you and wish we were there...

Rob and Amy Weaver Clan said...

congrats on new addition. What a great looking family, we miss you guys,

Rob and Amy

Brandan and Becky said...

So much love! Congratulations again!

Kim Silver said...

now why wouldn't lila think andrew is hers? everyone is so cute in all these pictures. It must get easier the more you have because you look like it is just another day, not like you just had a baby and are taking care of 4 others.

Karey said...

What great pictures. The kids are so cute. I'm sure you're all loving the new baby. He's beautiful.

The grilled pizza looks delicious. Glad I got to try it while we were there.

Love you guys!

Leslie said...

such great photos.

now that we have officially MET andrew... the photos are all they are cracked up to be. he is SO sweet and SO cute and SO precious.

we love him so much.

that photo of you in that black shirt getting the anaconda squeeze is sure pretty. just sayin'.

love you guys.

Rob and Amy Weaver Clan said...

Amy says: I can't believe you have another baby! He is adorable! Congratulations- oh! and how do you do grilled pizza? Just like usual pizza but on the grill? How do you get the dough on there- do you precook it a little?