Friday, September 27, 2013

Andrew turns 3!

We have found commonalities in the physical appearance between a few of our kids.  Andrew is like a mini Luke, and Charlie is like a mini Benny.
"Hello there!"
 One of the kids took this picture of me holding Andrew across the room from the bathroom floor.
 Lila and Andrew lined up their stuffed animal friends and took a picture.
 Spencer is good to jump in on a spontaneous sprinkler sprint   They are pretending to be airplanes.
 Snail man
Luke liked how the snails stuck to him so affectionately.
 This masked creature is a combination of three costumes.  Spencer loves to dress up in a good costume.
 We bought this inflatable kayak while in Utah (thanks for the help Leslie).  Spencer and Andrew tried it out for a dry run.
 Once again the clones, Benny and Charlie
 Lila with her friend Emma 
All of us, including me, tried to climb up on Spencer and rest on his shoulder like this guy from BYU's Studio C, Shoulder Angel sketch.
 Andrew did it with the most ease because he only weighs 25 pounds.  I, on the other hand didn't make it all the way up...or even close to his shoulders.
 Luke as a shoulder angel
 Spencer as a shoulder angel
 Charlie playing in the dirt with a large Tic Tac container.  Garbage and dirt really make the best toys.
 This is Charlie's concerned or distressed face.  This face is usually accompanied with a fog horn-decibel  cry.  He is the loudest baby of all time.  We think it might develop into a deafening super power.  At home we all  have to stop what we are doing to get Charlie what he wants so he will stop this cry of doom, THEN the ear pain subsides and life can resume.
 The littles sitting at my feet by the computer.
 Charlie loves to pound away on the piano.  At first I thought, "I wonder if this is how Mozart got his start.  He could be a child prodigy."  I tested this possibility, and sure enough....nope.
 We broke out the erector set.  Spencer, Luke, and Benny built this..catapult?
 Andrew turned 3!  This kid is so smiley, happy, and fun.  Everyone in the family loves to play with Andrew.
Months ago Andrew said he wanted a football birthday cake. I wasn't exactly sure how we were going to do that, but here it is. ( Ignore the chocolately plate that I failed to wipe clean after frosting. ) 
birthday presents.  Lila can't resist sneaking into a picture.
Andrew, cake, another of Lila's photo bombs.
Charlie is cute
Charlie got a little facial road rash.  Ouch.
First day of school.  Benny now joins his brothers at school all day.  This is exciting stuff.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Ok so 2 things. I love the little guy photo bombing the snail picture on the counter.
Second. With your husbands track record I don't think that you should be letting your children build catapults! Hahaha

Brandan and Becky said...

Happy Birthday to Andrew!
We love Studio C. Last night the missionaries were trying to ask our kids things they could do to be better missionaries and they thought showing them Studio C videos would be great missionary work.

Aaron and Emily said...

Ooo, that kayak looks like so much fun! Hey, why no picture of you halfway up on Spencer's shoulders? That would have been fun to see. I was thinking about your Charlie cry of doom as you rushed him out of the chapel today, and was wondering just how loud he was going to get. I still haven't heard him full throttle. That's an awesome football cake. Great job. Today Luke had such a great smile while he was singing that he was invited to come up and show everyone in primary his awesome smile. But he was too embarassed and would not get up. Everyone turned to try to look at his smile as he shrunk into his seat!

Unknown said...

Cute post! I love the updated pictures of the kids down the right side...can I have some?

Love you.
mom