Charlie catches a ride in Luke's backpack.
Spencer went here for work and snapped a picture of this tree that is permanently wind swept.
We made Spencer's favorite, smoked pork.
Our friends caught a mountain lion on their property after it ate one of their lamas. Spencer rushed to their house to catch the action.
Lila played Ode to Joy in her Christmas piano recital.
I can't remember where this recipe came from, but I want to be able to access it through our blog so I am posting it here. Aebleskivers are Danish pancake ball. You have to use an aebleskiver pan to make them. Fortunately we used Leslie's for a Christmas aebleskiver brunch.
Spencer's parents were in charge of the Higginson family Christmas party this year. They made a humongous batch of yummy chicken noodle soup to feed the masses.
As always, we reenacted the nativity story. Charlie was a sheep.
Here is most of the cast. Luke as a shepherd is holding up the star, and Benny is next to him, covered up by a cousin. Lila was an angel, Charlie, a sheep, Spencer (not seen), a wise man, and I think Andrew opted out of performing.
We woke up Christmas morning to a white Christmas. After we opened presents and ate breakfast we all went out in the snow to shovel walkways and driveways, and play in the snow. Andrew thinks that Christmas and snow are the same thing. When I was packing up our snow clothes to come to Utah Andrew got excited and asked if it was Christmas.
I held sweet Ruby and Charlie wanted in on the fun. He sat next to her, watching her, and laughing at her littleness.
Lila thought a pillow mound seemed comfortable to sleep on.
We planned on having Leslie lead the music for Benny's baptism, but Lila was more than happy to step in for Leslie so we let her. She loves to pretend like she is the primary chorister too.
Benny was baptized while we were in Utah. We didn't get many pictures, but we did get this one. Cute Benny.
Spencer took, Luke, Benny, and Aaron to a BYU basketball game. It was a good game and they all had a great time.
Picture with the snow-covered cougar after the game.
We went to see Into the Woods with my Mom, Steve, and many of the grand kids.
An outing with Spencer, Mark, and Dad.
Back at home into January we settled back into normal life.
Charlie likes to sit here when I make bread. He wants to be a part of all the fun.
While we were in Utah, Lila and her cousins colored and cut out dozens of princesses from coloring books. Lila brought them home and "decorated" our home with them. They were all over the place. Here they adorn the mantle.
Here a few of the coloring creations wait by the door.
This is the snow man that Lila made from school. She used puff glitter paint to make it look like actual snow, and foil-wrapped chocolate coal to look like coal for the eyes.
Andrew, like his cousin Dave, tucks not only his shirt into his jammies, but his jacket too.
Our anniversary is December 29th and we are usually in Utah that day so we don't do much celebrating of our anniversary, but here is a picture from our honeymoon. Look at all that soft-serve hair on Spencer's head!
Our anniversary is December 29th and we are usually in Utah that day so we don't do much celebrating of our anniversary, but here is a picture from our honeymoon. Look at all that soft-serve hair on Spencer's head!















2 comments:
I like that Spencer has a candy necklace on. I can't believe how different you guys look!
Hey, two cougar pictures in one blog post. Also love all the places Charlie ends up.
no way! That picture does not look like you too. holy moly.
Did you paint your kitchen blue or was it already blue?
Love your posts. Makes me want to come visit again.
I missed seeing your red shoes in the baptism picture with you spencer and benny. You are always so cute.
I love your family.
Post a Comment