Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Utah, our second home

After we heard the news of Aaron's death, we threw everything together for a quick trip to Utah for the funeral and viewing. We left Friday and drove all day. We arrived in Bountiful at 2:00 am. We are so glad that we could be here with family during this difficult time.
Spencer left the Sunday after the funeral and we decided that I should stay with the kids to save us from the long trip back to Oregon. We had originally planned to come to Utah on the 21st, just 10 days later. Anyway, I have been in a picture-taking slump during the last few weeks, but these are the few that I have taken.

My mom bought all of the boys snow clothes so they could play in what is foreign to them up in Oregon. Bennie isn't so sure about the puffiness of this ensemble.

Luke and Aaron are hitting it off. Previously when these two have been together they have exchanged injuries. That hasn't disappeared entirely but they now
have an understanding and they are becoming buddies.


The timing was right so that we
were able to attend the annual Van family white elephant party. We scored quite a few treasures, thanks to John the mastermind.



John and Nicole (newlyweds) posed as I obnoxiously tried to capture all of the new couples in our extended family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures. Nice to see you post while you are here. Cute Luke and Aaron!!
I'm glad you are here for a while. Have fun in Idaho!
Love you.

Teresa Higginson said...

We are also glad you are here, to give support during a difficult time, so that Zach and Spencer can play all day, so that I get to laugh out loud at Luke and Kristi, and so that we partake of Kristi's yummy cooking! :) Love you guys!