Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Sickness and Randomness

On March 5th, Luke had his tonsils and adenoids removed. On day one and two he was doing remarkably well. On day three, he hit rock bottom. This is his expression on day three. I didn't even know his face could look this defeated.
However, today is March 19th, two weeks later. He had his post-op appointment and he has recovered fully. We are so glad to have our spunky little Luke back.

Benjamin has become a thumb sucker. It started when he had a few teeth coming in. He used it as a teething device. Now the teeth are in, but so is the thumb. Of course it isn't' ideal to have a thumb sucker, especially when considering future orthodontic work, but it sure is cute.

The day that Luke had his tonsils taken out Leslie stayed at home with the sleeping children while little Spencer and I went to Spencer's city-league basketball game. (Thanks Leslie for the many hours of watching our kids while I took Luke to appointments, during his surgery, during an appointment for me, and during this basketball game. It was very helpful and we appreciate it.)
Spencer with Mason (Matt and Jen's oldest)

Here is a shot of the team from the bleachers.Oops, I left my flash on while I was taking this picture. Sorry for the distraction. I think you made the shot anyway right?
I made a birthday cake for Leslie and Spencer the day that Leslie and Aaron arrived. I made Grandma Higginson's sour cream chocolate cake. It was delicious, but I got impatient on the frosting. It wasn't quite set up yet. I poured it on the cake and it never stopped spreading. There was frosting on the counter, floor, stove, pretty much anywhere I put it, was smothered with fudginess.
I took these pictures from the drivers seat outside of Albertsons while I waited for Leslie to run in and purchase an item or two.

Ope, Luke turned his bagel into a propeller and pretended to be an airplane.







6 comments:

Leslie said...

we have been happy to be of assistance while we have been here... but i have to say, i have had very lazy downer moments when i felt completely guilty that i don't get up off of the couch to help out more.
we have watched luke go through the sickness and now are enjoying his regular charming self.
we have enjoyed being with all of the boys. they are great.
we love all of you guys.

Lisa said...

the pictures of lukey broke my heart. i'm so glad he is feeling better. adorable benny, precious lil' spencer in the letter jacket, beautiful flower pics (those are called english daisies by the way...i have tried them in my yard but they didn't work out...i absolutely love them), and good attempt on the frosting. that darn frosting just gives us fits...when will we just give up? love you.

Mindy said...

Loved your update! I'm glad Luke is finally recovered. Oh, by the way, your food obsession list makes me hungry!

Karey said...

We're sure glad Luke is feeling better. It is so sad when they're not well. We love you, Luke. Lots of fun, random pictures. I know thumb-sucking isn't a great habit, but I agree--it is awfully cute. Love you guys!

Leslie said...

i thought with us being gone, it would give you more time to do your next blog posting... i am checking... and waiting patiently.
love you guys. thanks again for such a wonderful time away.

Scott / Lori said...

Poor little Lukie. Hope he is doing great now! From the looks of his bagel airplane he must be getting back to normal. He is always using his food as props. So cute. Your kids are so cute and I am sure they were great playmates for Aaron. Go Spencer's team! Love you all! Lori