Sunday, May 25, 2008

Roma - Day 2

We returned to the Colosseum to tour the inside.

We were all kind of smitten with the Colosseum and its greatness. Spencer and I had never been inside before. We were glad that we took the time to see it this time around. It is stunning.



This is the Roman Forum from the Colosseum. I wish I could see a glimpse of its greatness during the height of the Roman Empire.
This is inside the jail cell where Peter and Paul were held by the Romans. Two Roman guards were converted to Christianity while Peter and Paul were being held.We went to the Vatican, but lines to go into St. Pete's Basilica and the Vatican Museums were way too long. Spencer and I had never seen Rome so crowded.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

wow. i can't believe we didn't go inside the colliseum. darnit. i remember inside the cell where the apostles were kept there was actually one of those video phone thingys where you can call someone from inside there...i'm assuming for the catholics? your lone vatican photo looks reminiscent of our st. peter's square photo. "john hop out and i'll snap your picture"...and after a quick u turn we were outta there!

Leslie said...

i would love to see the coliseum. it looks amazing.