Sunday, March 15, 2009

Kid Questions

This is a copied kid questionnaire from my friend Sarah Idiart. It was fun to see how the kids responded to the questions and see what they think of us.


Luke wasn't real cooperative. He didn't want to be bothered to answer questions when tractors were in the same room being neglected. Many of his responses were, "I don't know" just so he could be done with it. I asked him about his Dad one day and then about me the next day. I was surprised that his answers were so consistent. On with the show.


1. What is something Dad/Mom always says to you?
Spencer about Dad: “ 'This guy' ”

Spencer about Mom: “ 'Make your bed!' ”

Luke about Dad:: "funny things"

Luke about Mom: "You read books."


2. What makes Dad/Mom happy?

Spencer about Dad: "Mom"

Spencer about Mom: "Dad"

Luke about Dad: "When I share with Benny"

Luke about Mom: "When I share"


3. What makes Dad/Mom sad?
Spencer about Dad: "hurting his leg"

Spencer about Mom: "having to clean up the same spot"

Luke about Dad: "when I hit Benny"

Luke about Mom: "when I hurt Benny"


4. How does your dad/mom make you laugh?

Spencer about Dad: "He makes funny faces"

Spencer about Mom: “ 'Squawk!' ” (there was a library book that I had been reading to the boys with that word in it. I guess he liked the way I read that part. Or maybe that is what I sound like when I get belligerent.)

Luke about Dad: "Being like a sheep "

Luke about Mom: "I don't know."
.
5. What was your dad/mom like as a child?

Spencer about Dad: "working hard"

Spencer about Mom: "she had a best friend"

Luke about Dad: "bald"

Luke about Mom: "I don't know."


6. How old is your dad/mom?

Spencer about Dad: "30"

Spencer about Mom: "29"
Luke about Dad: "4"

Luke about Mom: " I don't know."


7. How tall is your dad/mom?

Spencer about Dad: "5 inches? 6 inches"

Spencer about Mom: "8 inches or 4"
Luke about Dad: "This big" (stretching his hands about a foot and a half apart.)

Luke about Mom: "This big" (stretching his hands about a foot and a half apart.)


8. What is your dad's/mom's favorite thing to do?
Spencer about Dad: "wrestle with me"

Spencer about Mom: "work and have the house clean"

Luke about Dad: "go to work"

Luke about Mom: "read books"


9. What does your dad/mom do when you are not around?

Spencer about Dad: "work"

Spencer about Mom: "pick clothes for Lila"

Luke about Dad: "go to work"

Luke about Mom: " watch some excavators on TV"


10. If your dad/mom becomes famous, what will it be for?

Spencer about Dad: "working really hard"

Spencer about Mom: "being a great mom"
Luke about Dad: "fixing things"

Luke about Mom: "I don't know."


11. What is your dad/mom really good at?

Spencer about Dad: "playing basketball"

Spencer about Mom: "playing tennis"
Luke about Dad: "books"

Luke about Mom: "volleyball"


12. What is your mom/dad not very good at?

Spencer about Dad: "running as fast as me"

Spencer about Mom: "Getting the stuff fast if the store is about to close"

Luke about Dad: "at driving cars when he was a kid "

Luke about Mom: "basketball"


13. What does your dad/mom do for a job?

Spencer about Dad: "makes floods stop"

Spencer about Mom: "get Benny clean when he is so messy"
Luke about Dad: "goes to work"

Luke about Mom: "goes on walks"


14.What is your dad's/mom's favorite food?

Spencer about Dad: "pasta"

Spencer about Mom: "lasagna"

Luke about Dad: "vegetables"

Luke about Mom: "sausage"


15.What makes you proud of your dad/mom?

Spencer about Dad: "he gives me lots of candy"

Spencer about Mom: "that she doesn't make me get in the cart very much at stores"
Luke about Dad: "when he tosses the computer mouse and catches it"

Luke about Mom: "when she helps me with my bed"


16. If your dad/mom were a cartoon character, who would he/she be?

Spencer about Dad: "Bionic Bunny" (a super hero character on Arthur)

Spencer about Mom: "Francine" (a loud-mouthed and sometimes mean, friend of Arthur's, also on Arthur)
Luke about Dad: "Wyatt from Super Why"

Luke about Mom: "cartoon character" (Hmm)


17. What do you and your dad/mom do together?

Spencer about Dad: "play catch a lot"

Spencer about Mom: "scrub the wall if it is colored with crayon"
Luke about Dad: "go to the Family Fun Center"

Luke about Mom: "go to the field"


18. How are you and your dad/mom the same?

Spencer about Dad: "we like to have the same hairdo"

Spencer about Mom: "we have the same nose"
Luke about Dad: "when we are bald"

Luke about Mom: "I don't know."


19. How are you and your dad/mom different?

Spencer about Dad: "We are not the same size."

Spencer about Mom: "Both of us aren’t boys or girls just one of us is each of them"
Luke about Dad: "when we are bald"

Luke about Mom: "I don't know."


20. How do you know your dad/mom loves you?

Spencer about Dad: "He hugs me a lot and kisses me before he leaves"

Spencer about Mom: "She gives me food that I usually like, but not very often"

Luke about Dad: "He shows me the excavators on the computer."

Luke about Mom: "hugs me"


21. How do you know that your dad/mom loves your mom/dad?

Spencer about Dad: "He helps her do all the work sometimes."

Spencer about Mom: "Because she makes the food for him."
Luke about Dad: "When he hugs her"

Luke about Mom: "when dad hugs you"


22. What does your dad/mom like most about your mom/dad?

Spencer about Dad: "He gets to snuggle by her"

Spencer about Mom: "that he can do far shots in basketball …to the hoop"
Luke about Dad: "the laundry"

Luke about Mom: "I don't know."


23. Where is your dad's/mom's favorite place to go?

Spencer about Dad: "work so we can get a lot more money for food and stuff"

Spencer about Mom: "Family Fun Center" (I actually hate the Family Fun Center)
Luke about Dad: "the Family Fun Center" (I think the Family Fun Center are both Luke and Spencer's favorite place to go).

Luke about Mom: "I don't know."




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

so cute. i did that once with Thomas I think it was. Loved the answers. I want to do it again. Such sweet and innocent answers come out. Love it. SEE YOU SOON!! WAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Anonymous said...

john and i just read the kids quotes on the side and laughed our heads off. so cute and fuuuuunnnnnyyyyy!!!

Leslie said...

those were so cute. this posting got me really excited for you guys to come for a visit. i am always excited for you to come, but this put it into my mind again. :)
love you guys... get over here already.

lisa louise said...

man i cant wait to have kids so i can just laugh and laugh alllll day long! toooo cute

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

These are so funny. . .I especially like the profundity (does that mean extra profound or something pornographic?) of this statement: "Both of us aren’t boys or girls just one of us is each of them"