It was good to see almost all of the extended family. It was stunning to see how much my cousins' kids had grown and see the younger cousins as full-blown adults. Apparently it has been a while since I have seen everyone.
During the weekend we went to dinner with my family and had a potluck dinner at John and Tawnie's house with all of Spencer's family (minus Mom and Dad who were up in Canada visiting people from their mission.) The kids played with cousins around the clock and went to Van's camouflage birthday party. Spencer helped his brother pour concrete, watched football (for perhaps 15 hours of our 80 hour trip), and golfed. And just like all of our trips to Utah, we stayed up way too late and ate way too many treats. It was a fun little mini-trip, mixed in with some unfortunate business. Whew, but now I am worn out.
Lila even got into playing with her cousins. She and Evelyn shared toys while they played on the floor together. Suzy says the string is Evelyn's favorite toy.
7 comments:
funny donkeys!!! So glad you could come! It was great to have you here. Your kids are so cute. So are you and Spencer! :)
Glad you had a safe trip to Utah and back. After the Alder's nightmare, I think we'll all drive more cautiously past Lakeview.
it was great to see y'all and i had a nice time attending the funeral with you. i'm so weepy when i'm pregnant! okay..fine...i'm always weepy. glad you got home safely.
I was sorry to hear that your grandpa passed. I remember you telling me some good stories about him! It's nice though, how funerals do bring family together that you haven't seen for a long time. I'm glad you were able to make it down for his funeral. Lila is getting so big!
Glad you guys were able to squeeze in this trip - it's always so great to see family (even under sad conditions). I think that same donkey gave us a dirty look on the way home...; )
it is always so much fun having you guys come. and we can't wait until we can come and visit you guys again.
we miss you so much.
we love you.
Sure was great to see you all. Your kids just keep growing up and they always seem so much bigger! So cute. Glad you had a safe trip home and fun to see the donkeys along the way!
Post a Comment