Monday, October 5, 2009

The Higginsons come for a visit

So our visitors left this morning and after loading the pictures I realized that I hadn't taken any pictures of them. It also made me realize that it may have been a lame visit for them. We didn't really do much. Robert and Spencer golfed twice. Teresa and I went out for breakfast. We took the kids to Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (and LOVED it) and to the park a few time. We even made our guests work on their vacation by taking our family pictures. However, in our defense, two of those days were filled with watching general conference, AND, we all got sick. I don't know if it is swine flu, regular flu, h1n1, just a cold, or spinal meningitis (probably not the last), bottom line, we were sick with fevers, coughs, chills, aches...flu symptoms. We have a bad record with Robert and Teresa. Another time they came up we gave them all a stomach flu. We are either disgustingly ill people who can't keep our germs to ourselves, or they have coincidentally been victims of bad timing. It is probably a combination of the two. In spite of the sickness we had a great time with them. They are a fun little family. Come again any time.

So here are all the sickies on the couch watching either conference or Disney's Earth
which we all really enjoyed too.
At one point during conference Luke got all of our attention and said, "look, my baby is rock climbing."
Here's my baby. It is fun to play dress up with a real baby.


One Saturday morning Spencer came out from the bedroom after getting ready and complained about my hair being all over the shower wall. I protested. I had recently showered too and knew that I left it clean. He insisted that I go in and take a look. I was not expecting what I found. It was a miracle! (It reminded me of Henry Poole is Here (another movie that we saw recently and liked) and Mark's miracle lint that when pulled from his navel and shaped into a cross, resembled a cross.) ... or maybe just really creative. He said that there was A hair and when he tried to pick it up to wash away it made a line like a silhouette of a head...and then he had fun with it. I thought it was pretty good considering it came from my head. Just one of the many reasons I love that man of mine.

6 comments:

lisa louise said...

oh my heck. your little girly, looks EXACTLY like you. wow. she is sooo cute. :)

Anonymous said...

what a great pic Spence. Good job. I'm so sorry you all got so sick. That is not good.
Now I need to go rent Earth and remember to take the kids to Cloudy with a chance....as soon as it hits the $ theatre.
Love you!!!!!

Lisa said...

luke & the rock climbing. ridiculously adorable. it does sound like a fun trip in spite of the crappy sickness. we've been sick here too. so maybe THEY brought it to YOU. lila and her wardrobe are to die for. the hair head is incredible. what on earth?!! love you guys.

Brandan and Becky said...

So sorry you were sick-- at least now you've gotten it over with and can ignore all the handouts from school about the swine flu. Helen brought home the funniest (unintentionally) handout, "Dealing with the Stress of Swine Flu." #1 on the list: stop watching the news.

Karey said...

So sad you've all been sick. Not fun! Your kids are still adorable. What the crap! I think Spencer may have a future in hair art. Maybe we should try to set up a gallery showing. Ridiculous.

Leslie said...

oh boy... we still haven't seen robert and teresa and zach since they got home. we are trying to steer clear of any sickness. can't afford to go to the doctor. :)

luke's rock climbing doll is too much. :) love it.
and that hair portrait? what on earth? you guys just kill me. :)

love you all.