Saturday, October 24, 2009

Pumpkin Patch

Today was a beautiful October day, and I loved every minute of it. In the afternoon we went to our local pumpkin patch. It was a real treat. They had pony rides, a bean bag toss game, a maze, but best of all was looking at all of the pumpkins. After all, Pumpkins are the cutest of all the vegetables.
Luke did not want to ride the pony at first, but after Daddy told him that horses were the original tractor, he agreed to the pony ride.

Benny went first.
Then Luke

(I know, picture over-kill)
...and then Spencer.
When Luke is nervous, embarrassed, or feeling insecure, he walks with his hands in his pockets like this. It makes me want to give him a big hug.
Lila mounted but did not ride.
...although I am sure she would have loved it.




nice "hefting hay" face
the boys playing with the bean bag toss
I liked this pumpkin.




6 comments:

Lisa said...

adorable!

Anonymous said...

very cute. Love the season and the pumpkin patch. Loved the pumpkin is the cutest of all vegetables and horses were the first tractor. Cute parents.

Brandan and Becky said...

Cute, cute photos. Saturday was such a pretty day. I love living in the country for fall.

PVC said...

Horses being the original tractor made me laugh out loud. Spencer is so very inventive. I remember last year when I visited and he got the kids to eat manicotti by saying the stuffing was candy cheese. He is very creative and persuasive and a FABULOUS father. Your sons are all getting SO big! Lila looks so cute. I have never seen one of my Higginson grandchildren with hair longer than 1/4 inch. Very cute.

Happy Birthday Lila!
Love you all.
mom

Leslie said...

i should take aaron jr to a pumpkin patch before they are all gone. we were with you guys last year in october... so i am a little sad that we weren't there again. soon... i hope.

looks like a blast. i love that spencer told luke that the horse was the original tractor. clever and classic. :)

Autumn said...

i love pumpkin patches! it's so easy starting with the fall holidays to do so many fun family activities, to take so many cute kid pictures...holidays are the best! great photos and i love the new family collage header.