Monday, March 26, 2012

Couch, coast, birthday

The finished product. Spencer hates it; I love it. He
says it is too stiff, but it is breaking in and softening.
Maybe over time he will love it as much as I do.
Richard and Hailey (Spencer's oldest nephew and
recent bride) came to visit after vacationing in Washington.
For the day that they were here we went
to the Redwoods. We did our standard walk about.
Lots of photo-ops with the trees.





We quickly stopped at Battery Point in Crescent
City so they could say they went to the coast on their trip.

We also celebrated Spencer's 9th birthday this week. The kids have a two-week spring break right now. Usually we go to Utah and visit family but with it just being us at home, not doing much, I am afraid his birthday was a little anticlimactic for him. He requested waffles for his birthday dinner, which we all enjoyed. Then, not far from the meal, he requested strawberry shortcake for is birthday cake. The gifts from us were lame because he already knew what he was getting and didn't have anything to open except for the present from Grandma and Steve.

We sure love him and are so glad he is apart of our family. He is a big help as the older brother and does a lot around the house. He is a natural at many things, and so it seems that he has a foot in many things. It is sad, and yet exciting to see him getting older.
Happy birthday Spencer, we are so happy to call you ours.

6 comments:

Brandan and Becky said...

Your couch looks awesome! Beautiful photos of the redwoods. You can't beat the coast and the redwoods for a day trip. Happy Birthday, Spencer! Abe's lucky to have such a neat-o friend.

Aaron and Emily said...

Gorgeous pictures! I can't wait to get back to the redwoods. Andrew looked like a little king, being pushed around by his brother. Happy Birthday, Spencer!

The Woodburys said...

I LOVE the couch! I think it looks great! Also, I can't believe you have a 9 year old! Hope you're feeling good!

Grandma Patti said...

I love the couch. It will soften as you break it in. Looks like a fun trip to the Redwoods and the coast. I hope Spencer had a fun birthday!
Love you.
mom

Anonymous said...

Great couch. Good job. he'll get use to it.
Happy Birthday lil Spencer.
Miss you and love you.

Leslie said...

the couch looks great. i understand spencer's point about the stiffness, but you are right, it will soften up and feel so great for years to come. i really like it.

i am so glad richard and haley came to see you guys. what a quick and fun trip out to the redwoods and the coast. we sure miss coming and visiting... you were right, school puts a damper.

aaron talks so often about coming to visit and about wanting to see you all.

love you all.