Sunday, April 8, 2012

Conference, soccer, Easter

We love conference weekend. Somehow, however it has become a weekend celebrated with food. We always make crepes, but this year we also did aebleskivers on the other day. We usually do the "if the speaker says the key words then you get a snack" thing, but this time we tried doing multiple words. The kids got excited every time they heard the words, so much so that they stopped listening. Now we know what not to do.
Between session outdoor fun
Between sessions indoor fun, banana walrus tusks
Benny spent spring break making me dozens of drawings then hanging them up.
I thought the colors on this fruit were striking, so I took a picture. I was sad when they were eaten.
Lila clogged the toilet with toilet paper (toilet paper management is one of the tricky things to teach a child after potty training). I laid down a towel to soak up the water and left because I was in the middle of doing something. When I came back to clean up the mess, I discovered that Lila had put every towel remaining in the cupboard on top of the first towel. She was trying to be helpful.
Andrew seems to think that there is some sort of portal under the couch cushions. At least once a day he lifts one up and tries to cram his body underneath. It never goes very well.

Soccer season has begun. This year we signed up all three older boys. Luke and Spencer had games on Saturday, and of course both games were at the same time. The family split up to attend the games. Unfortunately for Luke, the parent with the camera went to Spencer's game.Spencer hid the Easter eggs for the Easter egg hunt that my mom so kindly sent us. Of course he engineered suspending Easter eggs onto the tree using the holes that the woodpeckers have pecked into the tree, sticks, and the tiny holes in the Easter eggs. He makes everything fun.
Here the kids spill out the door at the start of the hunt.
Andrew didn't get into it. I was so bummed. I love watching the littlest kid excitedly fill their baskets. He found an opened egg, retrieved the candy, and was satisfied... that is until the candy in his mouth was gone.
Spencer helps Andrew get his suspended egg.

4 comments:

Brandan and Becky said...

Luke played great on Saturday. Happy Easter-- love Lila's fluffy dress.

Aaron and Emily said...

Andrew looks SO cute and funny, sticking out of the couch like that! We are having toilet paper management problems too. I decided I really need to get the cheapest one ply to prevent clogs. Fun way to hang eggs!

Leslie said...

ummm... the photo of andrew under the couch cushion makes me laugh. his arms and everything were just sticking out and he looked so helpless. hahaha.

i keep forgetting to sign aaron up for soccer... i feel like the worst mom ever.

just kidding.

we sure do miss you all. every time aaron rides his bike, he wants me to film him so that i can send it to luke. he talks about luke so much and yet they see each other so little. it is a true blue friendship that he love so much.

i can't wait until he can play with your kids again.

love you all.

p.s. lila's towel story was sure cute.

Lisa said...

the couch looks great! spencer's mozart costume? wow. did luke really get a metal detector for his birthday? it looks like benny is a total artsy kid. loved lila's easter skirt and andrew's smile. love you guys!