Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Day 2: Crater, Work, Winco

Here are the boys in their pajamas. Even though Emily was the only girl amongst 7 boys she could keep up and then some. She, Thomas, Jack, Spencer, and sometimes Luke played swords and super heros as much as time and parents permitted. The kids had such a great time together.

Luke proudly holds his little brother.


Spencer gave the Crater Lake tour while I stayed at home and prepared for Thanksgiving.

I am not even sure what this picture is from. Maybe the dam at Lost Creek Reservoir??? The boys are sure cute though.

This is all new stuff to me. I have never seen these falls before and don't even remember the name of them. I will be sure not to miss out next time.

Tawnie and Sam in the forefront of the falls. I wish I had a warm suit like Sam's.

The kids play with sticks at the unknown (by me) falls.




People and a waterfall.


Jack in front of Union Creek. The bunch minus Tawnie at Crater Lake. Spencer said that it wasn't as neat as usual because it was overcast and the color of the water wasn't the stunning blue that it usually is on a clear day. After Crater they went to Spencer's work to see the launch of the weather balloon. They launch it every 12 hours at 3:00, a.m. and p.m.
It is a large balloon and the higher it goes, the bigger it gets. Spencer said that at some level of the stratosphere it gets to be a big as a house. Huh.

Up up and away.
This is Spencer's very own cubical. Ah aaaah.
This is the store that he runs at work. He said that when he started the job the moral fund was small and only had a few items. Now it's a booming gold mine! He buys the food and sells it for a nickel to a quarter profit, and that profit goes into the "moral fund" used to buy things for the office. For example, the office has used the moral fund to purchase a picnic table for outside, a new toaster oven, and other things that I can't remember right now. Nonetheless it is a success. What can I say? Everything Spencer touches turns to gold :).
After they got back from their outing we ate dinner and relaxed a bit before going out again. We went to Harry and David, headquartered in Medford, and Winco, a wonderful grocery store across the highway.
Emily poses for the lovely Harry and David night shot.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

what a fun day. wow kristi... missing out on the day to make thanksgiving dinner? wow.

Karey said...

More fun. The weather balloon looks interesting. I could go for some Harry and David chocolate covered strawberries (or pears)!